Saturday, December 18, 2010

2 MONTHS!

Oak,
YOU ARE TWO MONTHS OLD TODAY!  But, I think it would be fun to take a poll and see how old strangers think you are.  My guess would be 4 to 5 months?  You are SO BIG buddy, and we love every inch of you!!



We have had a lot of fun this past month and have been very busy.  We celebrated Thanksgiving in Oklahoma and Texas, Mamas 88th birthday, and many Christmas festivities(Baylors Christmas on 5th, getting your first Christmas tree, decorating the house, late nights on the pallet by the Christmas tree and your train, Lifegroup Christmas Party!  AND you had your FIRST babysitter!
Your dad got me a massage for my birthday, so Alissa came to watch you while i was gone.  She said you slept the whole time. :)  We love Alissa and are so thankful for her.  She loves you a whole lot too, and I don't think I could ask for a better friend.

Today we are in Oklahoma for Christmas!  We got here last night and will be here for a week and then we will head back to Texas for Christmas.  Today is also my birthday, I love that we share the number '18'.  I couldn't ask for a better gift this year than you!  Grandmas birthday is on the 18th too!

A few highlights from your second month:
-your laugh and smile is so fun
-after you eat in the morning, you love to lay in front of me and laugh and smile while i pump
-one of my most favorite moments this past month was you looking at the train go around the Christmas tree
-i am finally convinced you are a BIG boy ( i just didnt know any different :) )  You being around other babies your age confirms this fact. And I am shocked each time.  It is fun to see you, Cooper, Clara and Asher all together.  We REALLY can't wait for Parker to be here.  Yall are already best buds.
-you are officially wearing 3-6 months...whoahhhh....actually, thats a lie, you can wear up to 12 month clothes as of TODAY...oh my goodness.
-you weigh around 15 lbs
-you started taking a pacifier and like them for the most part...i like that you dont always HAVE to have one( i hope it stays that way!)
-you are eating faster, more efficiently- it only takes about 20-30 minutes total now....that is SO much better than 1 hour-1 1/2 hours :)  AND you eat no more than every 4 hours, which is AWESOME!!!! It is amazing what an extra hour can do!
-you are getting better and better at tummy time-you lay there much longer before you get frustrated...and you are holding your head up ahhhmmahhzzing!
-i think you lost some of your newborn hair, but are now growing new locks...mostly black/brown from what we can tell....right now you are sporting a buzz all over
- most people (surprisingly) think your eyes are permanently blue (im not convinced yet, but we shall see!)
-you went to your FIRST movie today!  We saw the third Narnia, which is so perfect for your first movie because we got you the whole Narnia series for Christmas.  We can't wait for the many nights of reading Narnia with you.  You slept through most of the movie, you only woke up once.  I never realized just how loud movie theaters are. :)

Here is the low down of what your schedule kinda looks like right now (when there is one):
-eat about every 4 hours
-we play for about an hour or so after you eat
-then you usually start getting pretty sleepy and take a nap...a good nap for you is 2 hours...you arent picky about where you nap...a lot of times we are on the go...if we are at home, i usually rock you a little bit-you are out pretty quick, and then i lay you down in your crib or on my bed...
-your last feeding usually happen between 9 and 11 (hmmm sometimes 7?  some schedule, huh? :) )  Lately, you have been sleeping anywhere from 4 to 9 hours from your last feeding (okay, the 9 hours has only happened once)
-You go back down like a pro during your night feedings (just like me)
-you are ready to say hello to the world after your early morning feeding (not AT ALL like me, but nonetheless, i say hello with you)


Getting your first Christmas tree.  Your dad and I have gone to HEB every year to get our tree.  So, HEB it was again this year!



At Baylor for Christmas on 5th.  It was actually chilly this night!


I love you two.

Mama giving you your train!

Mama blowing out her birthday candles!

Me and you with Mama on her 88th birthday.


Look at you chillin' with your cousins!!!

I LOVE sharing a birthday with you!  Daddy got us a chocolate sprinkle donut for breakfast.  I have had this for my birthday breakfast for as long as I can remember.  Maybe it should be your birthday breakfast too!?


Sweet Beau loves you so much.

I love you Oak Jackson.  I love being your mom.  You are created to do great things for His Kingdom-I love that I get to watch.  Happy 2 months monkey man!

"The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing." Zeph. 3:17

No comments:

Post a Comment