Tuesday, January 18, 2011

three months!







Oak, You are three months old!!!  In some ways, I feel like you should be 9 months old! But I am so glad you aren't there yet!  We have had a great and busy month... mainly filled with traveling for Christmas and seeing lots of family.  Here are some things you are up to lately:

-you are SO expressive!!!!  I love the faces you make!

-you are starting to notice norman and watch him
-I love that you "know" certain songs and that hearing them calms you down.  I think your favorite is JJ Hellars "Keep You Safe" and any song from my Labor playlist-I love that you knew all of these in the womb and have heard them over and over for the past 13 months
-you are looking at toys more...you like "Roman" the prince that Aunt Lori got you for Christmas...you also like to chew on Sophie and "Sophie's friend"...who we have named "Marsh"

-you like playing on your mat and have started reaching for the toys that are hanging and have grabbed them and held on a few times!
-your tummy time is getting better and better...you dont like it for long, but we are getting there...it helps if you are chewing on something:)
-I love your mouth!!!! you have the greatest laugh in the whole wide world...its kinda a backwards laugh, oh i love it

-you are starting to drool, A LOT!!  and chew on things, mostly your hands and blankets, Sophie and Marsh
-you had your 8 week (well we went at 11 weeks) shots...it was so sad to watch you in pain...but you made it through!!!  Dr. Popejoy gave you some ointment for your eye (clogged eye duct that got infected) and now it looks SOOO much better...not as swollen, red or gunky



-you weighed 15 lbs. 10 oz. at 11 weeks and were almost 25 in. long....man you have grown!!!
-you have a distinct "growl"- your mouth gets rectangle and you growl...it is kind of your pre-cry fussiness...but it is oh so so cute
-you went to First Monday for the first time and it was very cold


-you had your first Christmas ( Christmas post coming soon!)

-you rode (sat on) your first horse



-We went to Crandall for the day to visit Mama and Grandma.  Mama wasn't feeling too well.  I think you made her smile, and helped her feel better.  This is the two of yall playing in the car.

-You sat in your bumbo for the first time.  I think you like it.
.

-you took your first "real" bath- it was also your first bath with Caroline



 Oak, you are the greatest.  You bring so much JOY to your dad and I.  And everyone.  It is so fun to watch you change and do new things.  I love your joy and how content you are.  I LOVE when you smile up at me when you are feeding.  Or when I catch you smiling at me when I wasn't even looking at you...oh my goodness, best thing ever.

I love your owl hat.  I love so many of your hats.  There are many waiting on you to get a little bigger, but i don't know what we will do when we have to part with the owl.  Maybe get a bigger one?! :)

Happy 3 Months Monkey!!! I love you more than you know!

"You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You." Isaiah 26:3

No comments:

Post a Comment