Sunday, September 11, 2011

Mothers Day

(First of all, I know Mothers Day was 3+ months ago...my blog roll says I started this post on June 1st. whoops. :) )

Oak, 
Thank you for making me a mom.  This has been an incredible 10+ months.  I had no idea how amazing taking care of you would be.  I have SO SO SO SO SO much to learn and such an incredible responsibility.  I am so thankful for Jesus, for GRACE, and for a plethora of incredible moms to learn from.  I am so proud to be your mom.

I remember this day like it was yesterday...  


Oh man, and this one too...



some of my most favorite moments so far of being your mom:











But THIS....THIS could be my all time favorite picture of MY mom.  Every time I look at it,  I could cry...



...Because I know what she was doing.
I know what she was thinking.  
Amongst everyones excitement (and we WERE excited) of your arrival, she was thinking of ME.
And I don't know what I would do without her.

Man oh man,  I am so thankful for this woman. 
This picture sums up her presence in my life.   
A completely prayer-filled, selfless mom.

hmmm...yup...I want to be just like her.



We always laugh because mom doesn't really have any "hobbies" (well, besides walking 1st monday and creating fairy gardens).   
But I think when my mom became a mother, she took this role on with her whole being.  
She did, and continually puts all that she is into mothering her kids, (and loving her husband) and selflessly making us everything we are supposed to be.
NOT THAT HOBBIES ARE WRONG (we are so proud of the fairy gardens!!!).  
But I love this about my mom...she puts 110% into what she does and she is incredible at it...being a mom and a wife. 



These are pics from the day we celebrated mothers day with mom:






I am so thankful for moms, and the women that have shaped my life.
(I started to list them, but that was stupid and impossible.)


"She is clothed in STRENGTH and DIGNITY, and she LAUGHS  without fear of the future." Proverbs 31:25



4 comments: