Wednesday, December 7, 2011

thanksgiving 2011.

Thanksgiving started with Annie and Pops coming to Waco for the OU/Baylor game.  We had a great weekend, Oak went to his first OU game.  And well, Baylor had the time of their lives. :)  It was a lot of fun.  



 Pops snagged just a few free pizzas on the way out.


We then went to Martins Mill for the first half of Thanksgiving.  So thankful for Gregs full week off!






A few pics from our Christmas Card photo shoot...Greg drew a design for our card this year and Amy made it look amazing...i'm excited to see them!




We played in Dallas one day with the great grandmas before Mema fell and spent the rest of the week in Martins Mill! :(


A PERFECT Mema picture:



Highland Park Village and Mi Cocina:


Surprisingly not a dryer sheet, but a dog bone stuck to gregs bottom.





While taking this picture I was overwhelmed and reminded how thankful I am for dad's recovery.  Seeing him play on the floor with Oak is such a sweet blessing.  I'm totally okay with never getting over the fact that his life was spared in June.  This year, I have learned about true thankfulness. 
Thank you, Lord.


Have I mentioned dad is a bit different since June?  I don't know how to describe it... a bit looser, more relaxed, more bold...

going to pick brother up from the airport
 At Mama's Thanksgiving day:






He is HEEEERRRRREEE!!!!







Thanksgiving evening we headed to Oklahoma.  We went to Nowata on Friday to spend a day with Nanet and the Hopkins clan.




AND Nanet gave us Papa Denz' car!!!  We are so thankful!  A specific prayer answered!  It is a plum purple 92 Ford Taurus Station Wagon and its AMAZING. whoohooo!
It was hard for sweet Nanet to see it go...but she'll never know what a blessing it is to us!





More Christmas Card photo shoots!





I am reading (and have been for the past few months) "Grace for the Good Girl" by Emily Freeman.  Probably the most impacting book I've ever read.  God is speaking to me so much through this book.  I feel like the author has taken my life and mind and thoughts and feelings and put them all to words in a book.  This is good, very vulnerable, and pretty ugly.  God is showing me so much of my sin but even more of His Grace and my NEED for a Savior, which I honestly did not know before this year.
(okay I'm gonna STOP and save my life long testimony for another post :) )

All that to say, in this book, Emily says that Satan's biggest, most effective weapon for many "good girls"(this is explained more in the book.) is forgetfulness.  I can completely relate.  Life is crazy, and I can easily forget what God had done.  When the truth of who I am and who Christ is doesn't FEEL true, I easily FORGET and feel more safe and comfortable behind my control mask of fear and failure.  I have found re-reading my journals and this blog helps me to remember where I have been and what God has done.  SO, in an effort to document and remember what I am thankful for I took pics of our thankful tree when I took it down this year.  Because I want to REMEMBER what I was thankful for in 2011.














1 comment:

  1. That book sounds great; I just ordered it. Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete