Wednesday, June 22, 2011

May 23rd.

Three years ago, Greg and I got married in front of a little chapel in Ben Wheeler, Tx.  
Why do things seem as though they happened yesterday, yet at the same time 1,000 years ago?

I am so thankful for this man.
- he constantly pushes me, in so many ways:  to know God more, to APPLY what I am learning and walk in it, to get out of my "bubble," to think and speak the best of people
- he cleans the toilets
- he very seldom tells me no
- he is the most selfless person i know
- i've never known anyone to live out what they believe like he does
- he is so patient
- he is good at ANYTHING he does...for real.
- he has a heart of gold
- he sees the best in people
- he kills and disposes of roaches
- he loves Jesus and wants to be like him more than anyone i know
- he wants Oak to love Jesus more than anyone I know:)
- he is very calm, even when we have a house of fleas  ( i tend to be dramatic)
- he is an INCREDIBLE father
- he is hilarious
- he is so much fun to be with
- he is the cutest guy i've seen in my whole entire life
- he is very clean
- he is the happiest and easiest person to please
- he loves me so so so well

Every year for our anniversary we have ended up in the Hill Country.
1st year- Fredricksburg
2nd year- New Braunfels/ Gruene
and this year...San Antonio

I like this tradition...exploring different towns in TEXAS :)  ha. (i really do love oklahoma, though)

I have definitely doubted and questioned why in the world God would put the two of us together. 
 WE ARE SOOO DIFFERENT.
But I am slowly realizing what I have always known...always re-learning...
God has us.  He loves us and has a plan.  And He is good.
And when I REALLY know that... 
then I can step back and go, wow, God, thank you for this incredible man. 
Thank you that we are soooo different.  
Thank you that he pushes me and challenges me in ways I never knew existed. 
Thank you that you are using the hard stuff, the really hard stuff, to make us and our marriage even better. 
Thank you that you are using him to change me and make me more into the person You want me to be.



Our first picture together-this is at Amy's house in college...
oh man i was so nervous, he put his arm around me!!!!! :)



right after he proposed



our wedding day







 and here we are May 2011


I am so blessed. 


So, for our third anniversary we went to The Hyatt Hill Country in San Antonio.  
Nicole gave us a free night which was amazing...we stayed a couple nights and swam all day. 


Oak's first time in a pool!




















I love you Gregory.  Happy Anniversary!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment