Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Caroline Turns One.

The big birthday party day!  
I can't believe a year has gone by.  
What did we do with our lives before you, Caroline?!
I was in Tulsa the week before you were born, and the week before you turned one.
I think this is a fabulous tradition we have started, don't you?

Mornin' time with the birthday girl and her new baby.

Everyone knows Amy is incredibly creative.  
She can and does make anything look good.  
But I don't think people realize the time she puts into what she does.
I loved watching her prepare for the party the week before. 
Every detail was about celebrating Caroline's life. 

Caroline could have cared less about the personalized napkins and fruit topiaries.  
Caroline didn't notice the crazy display of pictures all over the house celebrating her first year.
YES, the party could be equivalent to a small wedding...
but that's so much of what I love about Amy...
she puts everything she has into what she does and what (who) she loves...
and boy howdy, does she love Caroline.  




The birthday girl in her birthday dress.



















Syrup, I am so thankful for your life and this past year.
I love watching you grow and am so blessed to be your aunt!
You bring so much joy to our lives!

(I remember praying this verse over you as we waited for you to be born...)
"For by Him all things were created in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities- all things were created through Him and for Him.  And He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together."  Col. 1:15-17

1 comment:

  1. such sweet pictures! we loved having you and oak for a whole week!! i do agree that this tradition should continue. not sure how i can handle any "big event" without you and mom there to walk me through it :). love you!

    ReplyDelete