Thursday, August 11, 2011

M.I.S.S.I.S.S.I.P.P.I.

We are home from an amazingly wonderful vacation.
But heres the deal...
Between Amy and I (AND BJ) we have A LOT of pictures and A LOT of "photo shoots," and sometimes there are three cameras at one time snapping like crazy.
All that to say...I don't know where to begin or how to organize "the Orange Beach vacation" post.

SO...I'm just gonna creep along and do a little bit at a time.  HOPEFULLY this will be easier once I get going.

The drive there was wonderful.  We didn't know how it would be with a 15 month old, 9 month old, and a 50 year old with a broken neck...but it ended up being a breeze, considering.

The Mississippi photo shoot:

-no one can get away with humiliating Amy like BJ can.  IT.IS.GREATNESS.ALWAYS.


- oak's tongue is doing the following number a lot lately:


- the following photo shoot is hilarious.  caroline is quite the ham.  as you will tell, she gets her picture taken quite often


- the classic "caroline lean."




- "enough touching, oak."



- "it's okay, oak, i forgive you."




- "okay, i'm gonna come in a little closer for a pat."




- "now for the next pose.  watch this one, oak."



- "hands on hips."


- "turn, look..."


- "...and smile."


- "yes, that was nice. thanks for the shoot."



- After "Caroline's shoot," she decided it was time to play.  This could be my most favorite picture ever...oak's face says it all:




- Precious Dad, neck brace FREE.  Just the day before, the doctor told him he only has to wear his brace in the car and while sleeping.  whoohoo!  a very happy dad = famous traditional vacation shirt = great start to the trip!


Absolutely nothing to say:





- This was the start of an incredible week for these four people...I LOVE watching mom and dad love these babies.



- "the tongue" again





- my dear brother.



- mom did some great research and found out Leatha's was a must.  and we all agree, it is a must.  pork ribs. sweet tea. rolls. slaw. potato salad. deep south mississippi.





More beach pictures and stories to come!



No comments:

Post a Comment